Welcome to my microblog journal.
My name is Alan, writing in secret on the internet as a strategy for keeping sane.
I’ve changed the blog’s name numerous times, but now I plucked up the courage to use my real name. We can sometimes be nervous about sharing our thoughts and opinions, which shouldn’t be the case.
Everyone has a right to express themselves, for better or worse. While I will try to avoid offending anyone, given the wide variety of human life on earth, I’m unlikely to succeed.
At least know the views and opinions expressed are at a moment in time and likely to evolve. Feel free to connect with me and share your thoughts.
I work in health and social care, have an Honours Degree in Business, and a Masters in, coincidentally, Health and Social Care.
Now, if I had to do it all over again, I would learn to code and be a developer rock star. 🚀
But when I attended college, computer science involved ticker tape and punch cards. Alas.
- The Beatles and Electric Light Orchestra
- Living quietly in the countryside
- My cats, Jasper and Jules (love ‘em to bits)
- Shared toilets
- Political correctness
- Clothes getting tighter
- Why hotels only leave customers one roll of toilet paper per day; when there are TWO guests.
- When a teenager, I didn’t particularly appreciate getting socks for a Christmas present when I love getting them now.
- The burning desire to upgrade the iPhone every year.
- The failure of Holywood to make a motion picture of The Six Million Dollar Man.